F4 Brushed Flight Controller (Frsky Rx / No RX)
Free shipping on orders over $30, Know more about shipment
Update of the F4 Brushed Flight Controller (Frsky Rx + OSD)
- Since the firmware is the latest Betaflight 3.4.1, SPI Frsky D16 connection works well in this F4 flight controller.
- The position of the BOOT pad on the latest F4 Brushed Flight Controller is changed to near the BIND button.
Note: If you are using EU-LBT firmware radio controller, you might find that you can't bind successfully to F4 Brushless FC. Here are the solutions we provide for you. Thanks to Sebastian Abramowski for giving us the important feedback about binding to EU-LBT firmware radio controller.
Here is a review video made by Mr ShutterBug. (The FC that Mr Shutterbug reviews is the original version, the position of the BOOT pad is different from the latest version)
A smooth and thrilled flying in the forest and detailed explanation of F4 brushed fc.
BETAFPV F4 brushed FC board bring a new era in FPV whoop technology. STM32F411 100MHz high performance MCU, 30A lower resistance MOSFETs, SPI Frsky Rx, Build-in Betaflight OSD and polar reversed protection. All of these is backed by the same reliability and warranty of all BETAFPV FC boards.
High-performance ST Microelectronics ARM Cortex-M4 core F411 100MHz CPU (safely overclocked to 120MHz). Okay, i am the second highest performance whoop board in the world.
30A continuous drain current MOSFET. Lower to 8.5mΩ inner resistance value (4.5V). It has a noticeable power improvement in low battery voltage status or with 8x20/8.5x20 motors.
TX1 is available for VTX control. You could change VTX settings such as channel and output power in your Betaflight OSD or using your Taranis LUA Script. Here is the diagram when using the TBS Unify PRO Nano 5.8G VTX.
Polarity reversed connection protection. Battery polar reversed connected. Bomb. This issue will never happens.
- The world's first compatible BetaFlight OSD, FrSky Rx, BetaFlight firmware, born for acro flight controller for the Micro Whoop or Blade Inductrix quadcopter.
- Fully programmable through Betaflight, using the onboard USB port, tune all the parameters, PID's, and rates to your perfect settings
- Designed to work with current Tiny Whoop or Blade Inductrix setups
- Built in SPI Frsky D16 protocol native receiver, compatible with almost ALL Frsky radios(e.g. Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X7) or Frsky compatible transmitter module
- The flight controller board comes pre-flashed with Betaflight firmware, and pre-soldered 55mm power cable pigtail with JST-PH 2.0 connector, AKA PowerWhoop connector.
- CPU: STM32F411CEU6
- Six-Axis: MPU6000
- ESC: All FETs are rated at 30A maximum. Support 6x15mm/7x20mm/8x20mm/8.5x20mm etc motors.
- Size: 26mm x 26mm,fully compatible with the Inductrix quad frame and mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight MATEKF411RX 3.4.0 for F4 Brushed FC (SPI Frsky RX)
- Firmware version: Betaflight MATEKF411 for F4 Brushed FC (No RX)
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Receiver: SPI Frsky D16 protocol (AKA FRSKY_X on Betaflight Configuration)
- Power Cable: 55mm, with JST-PH 2.0 connector, AKA PowerWhoop connector
- Weight: 3.7g
DIAGRAM FOR F4 BRUSHED FC (FRSKY RX+OSD)
Betaflight OSD (on screen display) is integrated in BETAFPV F4 brushed flight controllers that shows important flight data on your FPV feed, such as battery voltage, current draw and much more. You can even use it as a menu to change your quad’s PID, rates, filters and other settings.
How would do an OSD with the AIO cameras?
There is a video in and out on the fc itself, labeled CAM and VTX as show below. There should be a video in and out on the AIO camera, like BETAFPV H02 etc. If not, you would have to modify the camera for sure but it would totally be worth it. There is some examples.
BETAFPV H02 Camera, FX806TC, VM275, FX805, Eachine XT02 etc aio camera vtx are available to use the OSD function.
BETAFPV Support Freshdesk for BetaFlight OSD Setup.
Tips: There is no current sensor on the FC boards. So the amperage value on the OSD is invalid.
There are 3 LEDs on the bottom of the board to indicate the status, including Receiver LED ( Green), FC Status LED ( Red ) and FC Power LED ( Blue ).
Receiver LED ( Green)
Connected or in bind mode
Receiver LED ( Green)
Power LED ( Blue )
Status LED ( Red )
SPI Frsky Receiver
Currently the built in Frsky receiver is compatible with Taranis, Taranis Plus, X9E, Horus X12S, XJT Modules. Pay attention, this is a SPI connection receiver. In Betaflight Configuration, it should be setted as FRSKY_D receiver (aka Frsky D8 mode) or FRSKY_X receiver (aka Frsky D16 mode) in SPI RX mode.
The Frsky D16 unstable connection issue is totally resolved since Betaflight 3.4.1. Nowadays, the default configuration from factory is Frsky D16 mode (FRSKY_X).
Binding Procedure for F4 BRUSHED FRSKY RX + OSD
The binding procedure is reversed as usual. No need to click the bind button when power on.
- Power on the board, either by connecting the battery or USB power. Then the green receiver LED start to flash.
- The second step, click the bind button for 3s. Then the green receiver LED will be solid on. This means that the receiver is in bind mode and you could start to bind your radio transmitter.
For detailed procedure of binding, please check the SPI Frsky Receiver Binding Manual.
Some pilots would complaint that it is definitely not a long range FC. It looses signal with my transmitter far too often and for what appears to be no reason. This issue is often caused by the location of the antenna. You should keep the antenna away from the FC board to get a stronger signal. For example, run the singal upwards. Thanks for Harley Finberg's advice.
The mounting pattern of this board is compatible with all the Tiny Whoop airframes, like the original stock Blade Inductrix frame or the Beta75 75mm frame. For other frames like Eachine E010 or E011, a little bit modify is need.
DIAGRAM FOR F4 BRUSHED FC (NO RX+OSD)
- Find Cli Dump of F4 Brushed FC (Frsky Rx) on our support page.
- How to Connect External RX to the F4 Brushed FC(No RX)? Check out details on our support page.
- 1 * F4 OSD brushed flight controller ( 55mm PH-JST 2.0 power cable soldered)
- 4 * M1.2x4mm screws (Fit for stock Inductrix frame)
- 4 * M1.4x5mm screws (Fit for Beta75 etc 75mm frame)
- 4 * Anti-vibration ruber dampers