F3 EVO Brushed Flight Controller (Frsky Rx)
This F3 FC board is on clearance sale.
Since the born of the BETAFPV brushed F3 EVO flight controller, many whoop pilots give us their advice and ideas. The rear mounting point is concerned mostly.
I do not like the design of the fc. The usb port is in a place where it can not be used. I don't like that there is no rear mounting point because the usb port is in it's place. -------- by Chris Reese
The "high brightness LEDs" are awesome. It fits an inductrix frame perfectly. I thought I was going to have to shave off a hair from the back screw post, but it turns out, I didn't need to "mod" the frame in any way for this FC to fit. Would/will highly recommend. --------- by Ilikecmyk
This does not fit the stock inductrix frames. There is no rear hole for the grommet and screw on the board. It would require cutting the rear mounting post on the frame for the board to lay flat. My concern is, even if you cut the peg, you're losing one mounting point, allowing the frame to flex and or cause vibrations. ----------- by Trike
Thanks to all the guys send message to us. Newest V1.1 version is designed to fit with stock Whoop Quadcopter or Blade Inductrix frames completely. Add the rear mounting point for the grommet and screw on the board.
- Fully programmable through Betaflight, using the onboard USB port, tune all the parameters, PID's, and rates to your perfect settings
- Designed to work with current Whoop Quadcopter or Blade Inductrix setups
- Built in Frsky D8 protocol native receiver, compatible with almost ALL Frsky radios(e.g. Taranis X9D/X9D Plus/X7) or Frsky compatible transmitter module
- With PA integrated, up to 0.5 Kilometers long range, with RSSI telemetry
- The flight controller board comes pre-flashed with Betaflight firmware, and pre-soldered 55mm power cable pigtail with JST-PH 2.0 connector, AKA PowerWhoop connector.
Here is the comparison chat of several popular Whoop flight controller.
- CPU: STM32F303CCT6
- Six-Axis: MPU6500
- Size: 26mm x 26mm,fully compatible with the Inductrix quad frame and mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight SPRACINGF3EVO 3.1.6
- Receiver: Frsky D8 potocol with PA
- Weight: 2.8g
This board has 3 LEDs to indicate the status, including Receiver LED ( Red ), FC Status LED ( Red ) and FC Power LED ( Blue ).
Receiver LED ( Red )
Connected or in bind mode
Receiver LED ( Red )
Power LED ( Blue )
Status LED ( Red )
These are 2 high brightness green LEDs on each side of the board. You could find your drone easily when flying.
Currently the built in Frsky receiver is compatible with Taranis, Taranis Plus, X9E, Horus X12S, XJT Modules with International Firmware.
This built in receiver integrate a power amplifier IC (PA) RFX2401C, so you could get up to 1 kilometers long range. This is the biggest improvement than other board with no PA included. Also this receiver supports RSSI telemetry.
Because the integrated of PA, this brings the famous problem so called "swamping". The radio transmitter (Frsky X9D Plus) will warn "telemetry lost" constantly if it is too close to the FC boards. It does not affect control. So keep your radio at least 0.5 meter away from the quad as usual.
Some pilots would complaint that it is definitely not a long range FC. It looses signal with my transmitter far too often and for what appears to be no reason. This issue is often caused by the location of the antenna. You should keep the antenna away from the FC board to get a stronger signal. For example, run the singal upwards. Thanks for Harley Finberg's advice.
The mounting pattern of this board is compatible with all the Whoop Quadcopter airframes, include the original stock Blade Inductrix frame or the black Eachine frame. The USB connector is at the tail of the board, so you need to do a little modify when assemble. Carve up half of the column at the tail of the frame.
- 1 * F3 EVO brushed flight controller ( 55mm PH-JST 2.0 power cable soldered)
- 4 * M1.2x4mm screws (Fit for stock Inductrix frame)
- 4 * M1.4x5mm screws (Fit for Beta75 etc 75mm frame)
- 4 * Ruber dampers
- 1 * 55mm PH-JST 1.25 power cable pigtail
Go to BETAFPV Support Freshdesk for F3 EVO Flight Controller